The Communications Centre is the hub for calls for service – emergency and non-emergency. Our centre currently employs approximately 50 regular and auxiliary staff. These positions offer paid training upon being hired along with an excellent benefits package.
Communications Specialist (Police Dispatcher)
Employees can also participate in committees which serve to enhance the Centre operations.
Communications Centre Duties
Communications Centre work is diverse and requires you to think on your feet. On any given day you will be connecting with the public, analyzing emergency or non-emergency calls.
These are the skills you need:
- Operate enhanced 911 system, electronic communications and standard office equipment
- Work efficiently despite interruptions
- Provide excellent customer service to the public and outside agencies
- Analyze calls, assess situations, and determine action and response
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Operation of VicPD computer systems, including computer aided dispatch and police records management systems