Victoria BC - Officers are warning the public after a person was pricked by a needle last night.
At approximately 7:30 p.m. last night, a woman was walking a dog in the 700-block of Pembroke Street when she noticed the dog started to grab a paper bag that was next to a garbage can. The woman swiped the bag away from the dog and felt a prick on her hand. Upon closer inspection, the woman noticed several capped and uncapped syringes inside the paper bag.
There is no indication that the bag was placed there with malicious intent and it is believed that the bag was improperly disposed of. The VicPD officer, through his own experience, was able to reassure the woman, who was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
For more information on how to dispose of syringes properly or what to do when you locate one visit: http://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/residents/garbage-recycling/hypodermicneedle.html