Why volunteer with the VicPD?
Joining our team has many benefits, including:
- Making an important contribution to your community
- Tackling new challenges
- Improving your communication, organizational, and team building skills
- Meeting interesting new people
- Enhancing your resume
What qualifications do I need to apply?
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Able to commit to a regular shift, minimum three hours per week
- Able to commit to a minimum term of six months
- Must be willing to submit to all necessary security screening, including a Police Information Check
Interested in Volunteering?
The first step in the application process is to pick up a volunteer package at the Victoria Police Department Headquarters, 850 Caledonia Avenue. Once the application is completed, return it in person. Bring 2 pieces of official ID, including one with a photo, to be photocopied by the Front Desk Volunteer or Officer, and added to your package. Once we review your application, we will contact you regarding the next steps.
Get Involved – Apply Now!
For further information, please contact the Coordinator, Volunteers Services