Victoria, BC – We have expanded our online service offerings as we work to flatten the COVID-19 curve by physically distancing so that we’re able to ensure that our officers can continue to respond to 911 calls. We’re asking you to continue to help us by reporting thefts where you have no suspect information online.
Please don’t come to our 850 Caledonia Avenue Headquarters or 500 Park Place Esquimalt Division building to report theft in person. Our lobby areas are closed.
Online reporting is only for incidents where you don’t have any suspect information. Suspect information includes surveillance footage, photos, or a description of the suspect.
By reporting calls for service online where possible you save yourself, E-Comm 9-1-1 and our officers time and help streamline our services.
Here are the key things to know about reporting a call for service online:
- Always call 9-1-1 for an emergency or a crime in progress.
- Always call our non-emergency line (250) 995-7654 (select option 1) for an incident where you have suspect information. This includes surveillance footage, photos, or a description of the suspect.
- Report incidents online where you don’t have suspect information, surveillance footage, photos, or a description of the suspect.
- Online reporting is available 24 hours a day, every day.
- Online reports will be issued a file number.
- Online reports are reviewed by VicPD staff and/or Investigation and Support Unit (ISU) officers.,