Date: Friday, October 16, 2020
Victoria, BC – Detectives with VicPD’s Behavioural Assessment and Management Unit are notifying the public after high-risk sex offender Cameron Ratelle was released into the community of Victoria this afternoon.
Cameron Ratelle is a court-designated dangerous offender with a history of violent sexual offences against young women. Cameron Ratelle is believed to pose a high risk to re-offend against females, and targets women between the ages of 16-25.
Cameron Ratelle is described as a 41-year-old Black man standing five feet, eight inches tall, weighing approximately 200 lbs, with a heavy build. Cameron Ratelle has dark shaved hair, brown eyes and wears hearing aids. Two photographs of him are below:
Cameron Ratelle has completed his sentence for sexual assault and will be living in Victoria. He is bound by the following conditions of release:
- Not to attend the property of any educational institute or school of any kind, unless he has the prior written approval of his parole supervisor;
- Not to purchase, possess, or consume alcohol;
- Not to purchase, possess, or consume non-prescription drugs;
- Not to purchase, possess, acquire, or access pornography or sexually explicit material;
- Not to access the internet or any electronic device with internet capabilities;
- Not to be in the presence of any female under the age of 18 without permission from a parole officer;
- Immediately report any attempt to initiate a sexual or non-sexual relationship with females to his parole supervisor;
- Must reside at a community correctional centre or community residential facility that is approved by Correctional Service of Canada.
If you see Cameron Ratelle breaching these conditions, do not approach, and immediately call 911. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.