Date: Thursday, August 18, 2022
Victoria, BC – Roads will be closed in Victoria on Saturday during the Tour de Victoria cycling event. There are a series of closures during the day-long event.
Details of the road closures are below.
- Belleville Street will be closed from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m., between Government Street and the Hotel Grand Pacific.
- Menzies Street will be closed from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m., between Belleville Street and Quebec Street.
- Government Street will be closed in 20 minute intervals between 6:30 a.m. and 9:15 a.m., between Superior Street and Humboldt Street.
- Belleville Street will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., between the Hotel Grand Pacific and Oswego Street.
- Belleville Street will also be closed from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., between Oswego Street and Pendray Street.
- Dallas Road will be closed from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., between Crescent Road and the Hotel Grand Pacific.
Our officers will be working to help minimize traffic disruptions and keep everyone participating and attending safe.
As with previous events, we will be deploying our temporary, monitored CCTV cameras in support of our operations to ensure public safety during this year’s event. The deployment of these cameras is part of our operations to help keep this event fun, safe and family-friendly and is in keeping with both provincial and federal privacy laws. Temporary signs are up in the area to ensure that the public is aware. If you’ve concerns about our temporary camera deployment, please email [email protected].
For more information during the Tour de Victoria, please visit https://tourdevictoria.com/.
We’re seeking qualified candidates for both police officer and civilian positions. Thinking about a career in public service? Join VicPD and help us make Victoria and Esquimalt a safer community together.