REQUEST TO ADDRESS
VICTORIA & ESQUIMALT POLICE BOARD
Updated: July 2021
The Victoria & Esquimalt Police Board aims to provide the public with a better understanding and insight into police governance and is pleased to provide members of the public with the opportunity to address the Board. We encourage public participation and thank you in advance for joining us!
Members of the public who wish to address the Board during the Public session of the regular Board meetings may do so under the following parameters:
- Comments must relate to an item on the Public agenda of the meeting the speaker is attending. Because the Board’s role is that of governance, please direct the following types of comments accordingly:
- Compliments are to be directed to [email protected].
- Comments related to police operations (such as deployment of officers, crime statistics, investigations, etc.) are to be directed to [email protected].
- Complaints are to be directed to the Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner at www.opcc.bc.ca.
- Requests to speak must be made using this form and received by 12:00pm the day prior to the meeting. Late submissions may be considered by the Board.
- The Board generally allows up to three (3) speakers per meeting.
- Speakers will be allowed up to three (3) minutes to provide comments.
- Speakers will conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Abusive, disrespectful, discriminatory and/or threatening language and/or behaviour will not be tolerated.
In order to process your request, all fields below must be completed. Personal information contained on this form is collected under the authority of the Local Government Act and is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information will be used for contact purposes only.